Monday, January 31, 2011

Style Profile...Leni, Berlin


I met Leni at the Fashion Week in Berlin when she was shooting a friend for her blog: Vergissmeinnicht. I asked her to shoot away from the hecticness last saturday. By the way I get inspired by her portraits.

Describe your personal style…

It’s hard to say because I change what I wear according to how I feel.
Altogether I would say it's a mix of circus costumes and Scandinavian sleekness.

Source of inspiration?

Usually it's a photo. Maybe just a snap shot, a tumble picture of a collar, an editorial or old photography in general. Furthermore, by being a blogger and photographer at the same time I obviously get inspired by the things I find on other blogs or by the people I photograph.

Style icons?

Abbey Lee Kershaw, Jan Joswig, Sienna Miller

Not for all their styles, but for many and especially for their uniqueness

Any fashion rules?

Never (or better: to the possible extend) leave the house without a hat.
Great heels are worth the pain ;)

Most underrated item in womenswear?

A hat. I love the 20s for their rules of etiquette. It was normal to wear a hat just because it was a matter of bon tone. I think it makes every outfit special. For that reason I always decide on a hat first and then choose the outfit.


Favorite photographers?

Tim Walker, Bonnie Strange, Roger Weiß, Jo Fischer

Favorite stores in Berlin?

EDGED, Stiefelkombinat, COS

Favorite place in Berlin?

Maybachufer: whenever I'm there it feels a little bit like being at the Alster in Hamburg, this makes me miss Hamburg not too much.
A harbour would be the best though ;)

Favorite place to have a night out?

Or to have a great after hour: Bar25, Wilde Renate

Favorite café in your neighbourhood?

I prefer sushi to coffee and the ultimate best place in Berlin for that is:

Sushi Cube (Zossener Straße 18)

It's only a tram station from my place and I guess it's where I spend all my money.

Pin It

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ania said...

I like their style and these curls... wow<3

mademoiselle-marie said...

waou, she looks amazing ! great pics btw