Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Style Profile...Mademoiselle Roy, Berlin



People often ask me a lot of questions about the people I shoot on the street. Therefore I guess Style Profiles are a good way to get more insights and inspirations. Here we are. I met the fabulous Kerstin of Mademoiselle Roy (check out her blog) last week in Berlin...now enjoy the interview:

Job...

Event manager.

Describe your personal style…

I wear everything I like. It doesn't matter whether people like my style or not. I like patterns, fancy sections and coloured clothing. Therefore my daytime style is a bit different to mainstream looks and attracts other people attention frequently. Furthermore I like the 80s and combine all of my outfits with lovely vintage pieces.

When I have a night out I wear more eccentric stuff like masks, little hats, feathers, glitter & everything that rocks.

Source of inspiration?

When I am on the streets I pay particular attention to all the lovely people. In case I like something on their style I try to combine it with my own. That's a good way to create a new look.

Style icons?

Agyness Deyn, Chloë Sevigny, Sienna Miller, the early Kate Moss.

Any fashion rules?

At an outside estimate not more than two highlights per outfit and max. 3 flashy colours.

Most underrated item in womenswear?

Hair accessories and fascinators! You can save every bad hair day with that fucking lovely stuff.


Favorite stores in Berlin?

Heimzucht, Danziger Straße (Underground Eberswalder Straße)

SchmuckRausch at Alexa Shopping Mall (Train & Underground Alexanderplatz)

Garage, Ahornstraße (Underground Nollendorfplatz)

Favorite place in Berlin?

Viktoriapark (Underground Platz der Luftbrücke).

You can find a beautiful waterfall over there and have a wonderful view over Berlin when you climb up to the top of the Kreuzberg.

Favorite place to have a night out?

I fucking love all that underground stuff, but for sure I won’t tell you. You have to find it out by yourself...

Good techno/minimal clubs are: Salon zur Wilden Renate, Berghain, Levee, Ritter Butzke

If you like Indie and Rock you should go to Magnet, Privatclub, White Trash, Lido. Watch out for the lovely Karrera Klub Partys!

Favorite café in your neighbourhood?

Kauf dich glücklich at Oderberger Straße (Underground Eberswalder Str.)

Try their wafers ...hhhmmm so delicious. Usually there are a lots of children so it might become noisy. If you don't like kids it's not a place you should go to.

Thoughts about style and fashion in Berlin…

There is something going on in fashion in Berlin. Because of the cheap living here many creative people move to the city. Berlin offers a lot of bars, clubs and other meeting places for the fashion scene.

Exhibitions like Bread & Butter or the Fashion Week shows that Berlin is getting more important for the international fashion scene.

People in Berlin wearing more functional and comfortable garments. You won't see much high heels, when you are here. If women wear high shoes they wear plateaus or wedges.

Every part of Berlin has its own style, for example Mitte is very international, catchy and with a lot of people wearing the latest trends, Charlottenburg is more high fashion and Friechrichshain convenient.

I love living in Berlin because people are very open minded and you can wear what you wanna wear without any rules.


Finally, if you have any questions I should ask next time feel free to write me an e-mail: thestyleograph@gmail.com
Pin It

5 comments:

Unknown said...

oh man, ich bin total begeistert von deinen fotografien und deiner arbeit!
hut ab!

p.g.

Fashion is for idiots [like us] said...

Wow! großartige Fotografien. großartiger Look! :)

love&rockets, LIE

Anonymous said...

gefällt mir sehr gut!

Lua said...

Deine Models sehen immer so … frisch aus (:

b said...

Just found your blog and I'm really enjoying it! Great photos and an excellent interview. Keep up the good work! :)
-giedre
www.walkingdotblog.com