Saturday, February 4, 2012

Style Profile...Ilanka Verhoeven


Last weekend. I met Ilanka from Fashionnerdic. To be honest, she has a really warm vibe and ridiculous to say that I love her style. For that reason here is another Style Profile.

Describe your personal style.

That’s a good one. My style is pretty diverse and could change anytime. Although elements like femininity and colour can always be find in my style.

Source of inspiration.

Everything from movies to certain books.

Style icons.

Miroslava Duma and Iris Apfel.

How did you first get interested in fashion and why is it important?

I think I realised that I’m very into fashion when I was about 15 years old. I think it has a lot to do with the first pair of heels I bought. I always have been pretty tall and therefore I never wore heels before. Once I bought my very first pair I realised, that expressing myself by certain choices makes me feel complete and I couldn’t stop since then.

Right now you are working on your career as a stylist, what experiences have you made so far?

I worked on a magazine called Riot and recently started collaborating with my good friend/photographer Jasper van Es. Besides that I often try to assist well known stylists and this week I will be assist an editorial for Glamcult. Right now I'm trying to build upon my portfolio while still studying Lifestyle and design. 

Ilanka Verhoeven Fashion Nerdic Outfit Style Look

Which trends do you see this year?

Strong lines/sportswear and pastel colors for spring, oversized/men inspired silhouettes and simplistic lines for fall/winter.

What's the favorite piece in your closet and which piece would you really like to own?

Such a hard question, because my favorites change from time to time. There are a few pieces in my wardrobe that I wear every year, sometimes more than others. For instance the necklace I own of the brand Malene Birger. It is timeless. Also a leather skirt - a vintage one, which I purchased a year ago and really love to wear.

Which part of your look have you experimented with recently?

I used to avoid trying anything black, but I’m getting more and more into black at the moment. Actually, I like it right now. It makes my style more edgy.

Ilanka Verhoeven Fashion Nerdic Outfit Colours

Your haircut is quite unique, what made you changed it from long brown to short blonde?

Thank You! 

I'm not as attached to my hair as other girls and if I see something I like I simply do it. 

I used to have brown hair and when I came across a gorgeous photo by the photographer Pierre dal Corso showing a woman with very short blond hair I went to the hairdresser on the day after, asked them to chop my locks and dyed my hair straight away.

Most stylish movie?

Marie Antoinotte by Sofia Coppola.

If you had the chance to be in someone else's shoes and live their life for a day, who's fashion personality will you be and why?

Probably Miroslava Duma to see how her day looks like and  to hook her wardrobe before I return to my own live.

Next place you want to travel to (and why)

Hawaii due to the beautiful places/atmosphere and temperatures.

Pin It

2 comments:

Eva (Creativity and Chocolate) said...

Nice interview! Love her style!

www.creativityandchocolate.blogspot.com

Camilla said...

Love her look, that's a really nice outfit!!
Maybe I should watch Marie Antoniette tonight, haha :-)

http://scentoffashion.wordpress.com/2012/02/04/i-want-3/